Greater Lansing’s Largest 1-day Recycling Event
The next Recycle Rama will be held on April 13, 2019. Each year, we reclaim and repurpose many tons of unwanted, often difficult to recycle, materials. Flyer/Learn More
- Electronics, televisions, microwave ovens – anything with a cord! Note: there is a $20 fee to TVs and Monitors, no charge for laptops.
- Books and bikes in good condition are returned to use.
- Fabrics and yarns are provided to volunteer groups, who transform them into quilts and knitted materials that are donated within our community.
- Outdated or un-needed medications are accepted at a secure station staffed by pharmacists.
More Info. Note: We cannot accept batteries for recycling.
You make this event possible! Volunteer to help using our easy online signup: Volunteer
Morning and afternoon shifts are available. Please arrive 15 to 30 minutes early for orientation and work assignments.
Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older at the time of the event. Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Important: There is a $20 charge to recycle TVs and Computer Monitors. All TVs and Monitors must be recycled through the eWaste stations where the fee will be collected. Volunteers please note: Do not accept TVs or Monitors at any station other than eWaste.
- Wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable work clothes
- Mind the traffic zones!
- VOLUNTEERS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO DRIVE CARTS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
Recycle Rama is organized by the Regional Recycling Coordinating Committee (R2C2) as part of their mission to generate awareness and inspire action on resource recovery in the Greater Lansing/Tri-County area.
Sponsored by: Board of Water & Light, City of East Lansing, City of Lansing, Delhi Township, Ingham County Health Department, Peckham, Inc, Michigan Energy Options, Michigan State University, Community Emergency Response Team, Clinton County Dept. of Waste Management, Eaton County Resource Recovery, Live Green Lansing, The Salvation Army, Meridian Township and Spartan Barricading.